My first ever blog award!!
Yes, Gentle Readers, I will confess that I am very excited (and not a little flattered) that Purple Dreamer has recognized me with my very first ever blog award, the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. First, I would like to say thank you to Purple Dreamer for being so gracious as to bestow upon me this honor as I feel like her contribution here has far outweighed mine on her blog, so now I am doubly in her debt. Secondly, there are requirements for the award, which I fulfill below.
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award will display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar. – Look just above. 😀
2. Over a period of 1 week, the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee. – The list is below, I am working on notifications (just a note that since this is a blog award I selected only readers with blogs or this list would have been much longer! I have a lot of wonderful readers. :))
Kashley@ I’m Waking Up
Bourbon @ Crazy in the Coconut
Cat’s Meow @ Living While Healing
Chatte Nocturne @ Not All About Cats
Chewing Taffy @ Chewing Taffy
Knowmyworth @ Know My Worth
Ellen @ Tesseract
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period. – See list above and I am working on notifications. Congratulations to all of my blog friends!
4. The nominee shall answer the questions, all in the spirit of fun! – My answers are included below.
1) Why do you blog?
I blog because I was given help and hope by so many people on my healing journey and the only way to pay them back is to pass that help and hope on to other people who are struggling to heal. I blog because while I was healing, to my utter shock, I discovered I was actually a right-brained person with more of a creative streak than I realized and that I love to write; this blog provides an outlet for this newly discovered aspect of myself. But the most important reason I write is because of the comments and emails I receive from people who tell me that reading my blog has helped them to make sense of what happened to them, has helped them to heal, has helped them to make progress in therapy. How can I not write, if I can help someone out there?
2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
Book: Picking one book is like asking you to pick your favorite child, its impossible so I will limit myself to five: The Bible, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, The Oxford English Dictionary, The Lord of the Rings, and the Boy Scouts Handbook. OK, six, I want the complete works of Jane Austen as well. 🙂
DVD: The Complete Doctor Who Series.
Food: Pizza, or steak. How about steak pizza? 🙂
Cartoon Character: Bugs Bunny
Childhood Game: Deck of cards (I love solitaire!)
3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
What do you call a nun in a wheel-chair? Virgin Mobile
4) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Ouch, publicly complimenting myself? OK, here goes. I think I am often good at encouraging people and setting them at ease.
5) What one word best describes you?
6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, is there any other sane choice?
7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
I found this to be a very difficult question as I am an avid reader and find so much that resonates in books, both fictional and non-fictional. But Lord of the Rings has been a very important book for me, but because of truths in it, not because of identification with a particular character. Hmmmm. I’m going to have to think on this one. I think I see myself as more of a sidekick or extra.
8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
From Freeze to Flow